.

Rodeo Woman Narrowly Escapes Kitchen Fire

The fire was sparked by cooking oil left unattended on the stove at her home in the 500 block of Vallejo Street Friday.

A smoke alarm alerted a sleeping woman to a kitchen fire that caused an estimated $120,000 in damage to her Rodeo home Friday, a fire battalion chief said.

The fire was sparked by cooking oil left unattended on the stove at her home in the 500 block of Vallejo Street, Pinole fire Battalion Chief Brian Lowry reported.

She was able to escape the house safely and called emergency dispatchers from a neighbor's home, officials said.

Arriving firefighters saw flames shooting from the home's second story, the BC said.
  
Firefighters used several hoses to contain the blaze to the point of origin and keep it from the neighboring home.

Paramedics treated the woman for shortness of breath, Lowry said; she and another resident were displaced, receiving assistance with temporary shelter and other needs by the The American Red Cross.

-- Bay City News contributed to this report

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »