Dog Sitter, 2 Dogs Escape Hercules House Fire Unharmed

Fire officials say an unattended pot on the stove was the cause of the fire.

HERCULES, Ca: 100 block of Sparrow Drive. Map Courtesy: Google Maps
HERCULES, Ca: 100 block of Sparrow Drive. Map Courtesy: Google Maps
A dog sitter and two dogs escaped a house fire in Hercules on Monday afternoon apparently caused by an unattended pot on a stove, according to a fire battalion chief.
Crews responded around 2:30 p.m. to reports of a fire at a single-family home in the 100 block of Sparrow Drive and found flames in the house's kitchen and living room areas, Rodeo-Hercules Fire District Battalion Chief Bryan Craig said.
A dog sitter who was inside the home at the time and the two dogs were able to safely evacuate by the time fire crews arrived on scene. Medical personnel treated the person for minor smoke inhalation at the scene, but no other injuries were reported.
Firefighters were able to prevent the blaze from spreading to neighboring homes and extinguished it a short time after 4 p.m., Craig said. The battalion chief did not yet know how much damage was caused to the home by the fire.

—By Bay City News


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »