For adults, I think the most dangerous thing about Halloween is the candy we collect to give out to trick-or-treaters and how much of it seems to disappear before the children arrive. If you’re like me, you need to remind yourself to cool it on the sugary snacks, and save it for the youngsters who will come knocking on your door from about 6 to 9 p.m. tonight as part of a custom that was first recorded in our United States back in 1911.
Onto 5 Things...
1) It’s never fun to lose a pet, but it’s especially depressing to lose them around the holidays. If you’ve seen this gray and white kitty or this lost puppy, let their Herculean owners know. On a happier note, a small white dog was found. If you lost your little white doggy, you might be in luck.
2) Survivor contestant Yau-Man Chan will make an appearance at the Hercules Public Library Saturday at 3 p.m., when he’ll dish the inside scoop about the show!
3) Paint a brick or tile at the library this week. You can stop by the library to purchase a brick or tile, which can be engraved or personally decorated and installed in the children’s garden. Bricks are $100 and tiles are $50.
4) There are a couple government meetings to note this week. The Finance Sub- Committee and Citizens Finance Advisory Ad Hoc Committee Meeting is at 6 p.m., and the Citizens Legal Issue Ad Hoc Committee meets up at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Both meetings are at City Hall.
5) Time is running out to enter your Halloween decorations in our and to submit photos of your kids in costume to and funds to go towards a charity of your choice.