Remember when it was cool for grownups to wear Mickey Mouse T-shirts? No? Well, it was—both in the 1980s and then, again, around 2006, when '80s fashion reared its Day-Glo, spandex-covered head and forced the rest of us to look at it. Some still have Mickey silk-screened on a faded purple shirt, just collecting moth holes in a closet. Well, this week you have an excuse to break out the festive tops, because it’s the 56th anniversary of Disneyland Park (once simply, “Disneyland) in Anaheim California. If the park wasn’t so far away, I’d be on the Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion rides (in that order) right now.
More on 5 Things...
1) If you can’t get to Disneyland’s Peter Pan ride and hover above a model starry sky, you can do some real at Foxboro Park on Saturday. It’s an all-day event, although I’d imagine most of the action happens at night. Contact the department for more info.
2) Put your game face on, gals. The Lady Hornets 18U softball tryouts are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday this week from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Hercules Middle High School. RSVP for the tryouts here, and good luck!
3) Maybe softball isn’t your forte. How about tennis? This Hercules woman is looking for a friendly tennis partner. Admittedly she’s not a pro, which means you don’t have to be either.
4) Sorry people, but this week is not all fun and games. On Thursday city staff and residents will meet about a couple serious issues —wastewater and . The meeting is scheduled to go from 6 p.m to 9 p.m. It will be at .
5) And for more heavy meeting stuff: The Planning Commission meets Monday at 7 p.m.; the Finance Sub-Committee and Citizens Finance Advisory Ad Hoc Committee meets Tuesday at 6 p.m.; and the City Attorney Ad Hoc Committee meets Wednesday at 7 p.m. All meetings will be at City Hall.